Thursday, February 17, 2011

Who needs sleep? Just give me COFFEE!

Insomnia...... gotta love it, right? Who doesn't enjoy staying up all night?  If it were not for Netflix, Hulu, Facebook and Twitter, my sleepless nights would be unbearable.  I am curious how other Fibro/Chronic pain sufferers deal with insomnia.  I can not take sleeping pills for more than 2 nights in a row within a 2-3week span, or they end up having the opposite effect on me.  Yep, nothing like popping an Ambien and being awake for several days!  Woo Hoo!  Let the party begin.  :)     I have searched the web for "remedies", what I have found is a lot of crap.  Drink hot milk.  EEEWWWW, unless its in my COFFEE!  Basically everyone tells you to cut out caffeine, TV or anything that will stimulate your mind or body.  Are they kidding?  I don't believe the authors telling us how to sleep have ever had to deal with insomnia.  I read that Valerian Root is supposed to help with sleeping.  Wrong!  I was up for two days straight after trying it one eve.   I have found a product that actually helps me fall asleep and helps with my nightly inflammation. My wonder cure? NyQuil.  Yep, NyQuil, not just for colds! 


For those of you who suffer with countless sleepless nights, you have my sympathy.  If you have found something that helps you sleep, please share!!!  It is just after noon and my body has decided that it is ready for some rest.  I know most would tell me "Don't do it! Taking a nap will ruin your chances of a good nights sleep".  But not for me.  When the mood to sleep hits, I have to take it.  If I try to push past it, I will end up awake for another few days and almost 99% of the time, if I take a nap, I end up with a wonderful nights sleep.  Hey, I never claimed to be normal.  LOL!


Hoping everyone is getting their nightly ZZZZZZ's and enjoying life in the slow lane!
Sweet dreams,
Dee Dee the Disabled Diva ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment